History and Heritage Ireland Experience
May 23, 2018 - June 1, 2018
The ‘History and Heritage Ireland Experience’
(10 exciting days and 9 fun filled nights)
“Author and academic, Gearóid Ó hAllmhuráin is one of Ireland’s leading authorities in Irish cultural history and global diaspora. He can take a million fragments and put them back together into the Big Picture.”
- Travel with Ireland’s noted cultural historian, author and award-winning traditional musician
- Meet locals and enjoy expert-led excursions
- Discover spectacular natural beauty
- Enjoy nightly musical sessions and private recitals
- Explore a living history and heritage of Ireland, dating to the mesolithic period
- Immerse yourself in rich culture and heritage
- Explore Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way (Galway, Clare, Limerick, Mayo, Connemara and Kerry)
- Enjoy nightly musical sessions and recitals
Irish History and Heritage expert– is Johnson Chair of Canadian Irish Studies at Concordia University in Montréal and formerly Smurfit Stone Professor of Irish Studies at UM-St Louis.
A leading authority on Irish history and cultural heritage, Dr Gearóid Ó hAllmhuráin is a 5th generation Irish traditional musician, scholar and former member of the legendary Kilfenora Céilí Band.
Over the past 30 years, he has presented more than 1,000 concerts, lectures and workshops on four continents. Since 2009, he has held the bilingual Johnson Chair in Québec and Canadian Irish Studies at Concordia University (Montréal). He is also the former Jefferson Smurfit Chair of Irish Studies at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (2000-2009).
In the simpler days of childhood, master musicians would call to the Ó hAllmhuráin family home in the West of Ireland, to share tunes and stories over bottomless cups of tea and his mother’s famous brown bread. They were eyewitnesses to extraordinary political, religious and cultural changes throughout the country.
PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS provided by CelticTours World Vacations (Albany, NY)
CONTACT Jeanne Orenstein, Celtic Tours